Windows 10 Installation and Deployment Bundle (Course #’s 20697-1 & 20697-2) Course 2069712
Windows 10 Installation and Deployment Accelerated Boot Camp is 9 hours a day for 5 days
Windows 10 Installation and Deployment Boot Camp course provides students with the knowledge and skills required to install and configure Windows 10 desktops and devices in a Windows Server domain corporate environment.
- Mon-Fri, 10:00am ET – 7:00pm ET/ 7:00am PT – 4:00pm PT.
- SATV’s may be eligible with restrictions ask for details.
- Estimated time outside of class hours is 2-3 hours/day depending on student.
It also provides administrators with the knowledge and skills needed to deploy and manage Windows 10 desktops, devices, and applications in an enterprise environment.
Students learn how to plan and implement Windows 10 deployments in large organizations. These skills include learning how to install and customize Windows 10 operating systems and apps, and configure local and remote network connectivity and storage. Students will also learn how to configure data security, device security, and network security, and maintain, update, and recover Windows 10. Students also learn how to manage the Windows 10 installations after deployment to provide secure identity and data access using technologies related to Group Policy, Remote Access, and Device Registration.
To support a variety of device and data management solutions, Microsoft Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Intune, and Microsoft Azure Rights Management are introduced. These services are part of the Enterprise Mobility Suite which provide identity and access management, cloud-based device, application, and update management, and secure data access to information stored both in the cloud and on any location within your corporate network.
Who Should Attend Windows 10 Installation and Deployment
This course is intended for IT professionals who administer and support Windows 10 desktops, devices, users, and associated network and security. Also for those specializing in Windows 10 desktop and application deployments and managing the cloud-based application and data service environments for medium-to-large enterprise organizations.
Students who seek certification in the 70-697 Windows 10 Configuring exam will also benefit from this course. This course is also intended to provide skills for Enterprise Desktop/Device Support Technicians (EDSTs) who provide Tier 2 support to users who run Windows 10 desktops and devices within a Windows domain environment in medium to large enterprise organizations.
These professionals typically work with networks that are configured as Windows Server domain-based environments with managed access to the Internet and cloud services.
What You’ll Learn Windows 10 Installation and Deployment
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the important new features of Windows 10.
- Install Windows 10
- Configure a device running Windows 10.
- Configure network connectivity for a Windows 10 device.
- Manage storage in Windows 10
- Administer folders and printers.
- Manage apps.
- Supervise data security.
- Manage device security.
- Implement Windows 10 features to improve network security.
- Monitor and update Windows 10 devices.
- Restore files, roll back drivers, and recover Windows 10 devices.
- Describe the challenges and solutions for desktop and device management in an enterprise environment.
- Deploy Windows 10 Enterprise desktops.
- Manage user profiles and user state virtualization.
- Configure network connectivity for a Windows 10 device.
- Manage Windows 10 sign-in and identity.
- Use desktop and application settings by using Group Policy.
- Manage data access for Windows-based devices.
- Administer remote access solutions.
- Configure and manage client Hyper-V.
- Manage Windows 10 devices by using enterprise mobility solutions.
- Operate desktop and mobile clients by using Microsoft Intune.
- Manage updates and endpoint protection by using Microsoft Intune.
- Run application and resource access by using Microsoft Intune.
Course Outline for Windows 10 Installation and Deployment
Module 1: Overview, Implementing and Managing Windows 10
This module introduces the Windows 10 operating system. It describes the new features in Windows 10, and the important changes since Windows 8.1. It describes the use, navigation, and customization of the new, enhanced user interface. This module also mentions the features of Windows 10 that make it beneficial for organizations of different sizes.
- Introducing Windows 10
- Navigating the User Interface
Lab : Navigating and Customizing the User Interface
Module 2: Installing Windows 10
This module introduces the different editions of Windows 10, and the differences between them. It describes the requirements and available options for installing Windows 10 on a device. It also provides instructions on installing Windows 10 and upgrading to it. This module discusses points to consider when deciding between an upgrade or migration to Windows 10, and the supported upgrade paths from older versions of the Windows operating system.
- Preparing to Install Windows 10
- Upgrading to Windows 10
Lab : Installing Windows 10
Module 3: Configuring Your Device
This module explains how to configure Windows 10 by using tools such as the Settings app, Control Panel, Windows PowerShell, Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) and Group Policy Objects (GPOs). It describes the different types of user accounts, and the benefits of using a Microsoft account. This module also describes Microsoft OneDrive, and how it integrates with Windows 10.
- Overview of Tools Used to Configure Windows 10
- Common Configuration Options
- Common Configuration Option
- Using OneDrive
Lab : Configuring Windows 10
Lab : Synchronizing Settings with OneDrive
Module 4: Configuring Network Connectivity
This module explains the use of tools such as the Settings app, Network and Sharing Center, and Windows PowerShell to configure network settings. It describes the differences between IPv4 and IPv6 settings, and the benefits of IPv6. It also describes name resolution and provides an overview of the Domain Name System (DNS) service. This module describes the configuration of wireless connectivity in Windows 10, and explains remote access methods available in Windows 10, such as Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), DirectAccess, and Remote Desktop.
- Configuring IP Network Connectivity
- Implementing Name Resolution
- Implementing Wireless Network Connectivity
- Overview of Remote Access
Lab : Configuring Network Connectivity
Module 5: Managing Storage
This module provides an overview of storage options, including hard disks, server-based storage, and virtual hard disks. It describes network storage options, including network-attached storage (NAS) and storage area networks (SANs), and cloud-based storage options, such as OneDrive and Microsoft Azure Storage. Additionally, module 5 describes the management and maintenance of disks, partitions, and volumes, and the configuration and use of the Storage Spaces feature.
- Overview of Storage Options
- Managing Disks, Partitions, and Volumes
- Maintaining Disks and Volumes
- Managing Storage Spaces
Lab : Managing Storage
Module 6: Managing Files and Printers
This module provides an overview of the file systems supported by Windows 10. It explains how to configure file permissions, the effect of file permissions, how explicit and inherited permissions work, and how to include user and device claims in access permissions. This module also explains how to share folders, the tools to use for sharing a folder, and the effective permissions when a user tries to access data in a shared folder that is protected by file permissions. The last lesson in the module describes how to add and share a printer, and how to manage client and server side printing.
- Overview of File Systems
- Configuring and Managing File Access
- Configuring and Managing Shared Folders
- Work Folders
- Managing Printers
Lab : Configuring and Managing Permissions and Shares
Lab : Installing and Managing a Printer
Module 7: Managing Apps in Windows 10
This module describes how to install and configure desktop apps and Windows Store apps in Windows 10. It explains how to install apps manually and automatically, and how to use Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager and Microsoft Intune to deploy apps. Additionally, it describes the Windows Store and the way in which you can manage access to it. Lastly, module 7 describes the Internet Explorer 11 and Edge browsers, and explains how to configure and manage both browsers.
- Overview of Methods Used to Provide Apps to Users
- The Windows Store
- Web Browsers
Lab : Installing and Updating Apps from the Windows Store
Lab : Configuring Windows 10 Web Browsers
Module 8: Managing Data Security
This module explains how the technologies available with Windows 10 work together to protect against data-related security threats. It provides an overview of these threats, and discusses possible mitigations and best practices for dealing with them. It describes defense-in-depth and Encrypting File System (EFS), and how you can use those methods to counter security threats. Additionally, module 8 describes how to configure, administer, and monitor BitLocker drive encryption.
- Overview of Data-Related Security Threats
- Securing Data with EFS
- Implementing and Managing BitLocker
Lab : Managing Data Security
Module 9: Managing Device Security
This module explains how to mitigate security threats with the use of Security Compliance Manager, Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit, and security settings in GPOs. It also describes User Account Control (UAC), and how to configure it. This module also explains the use of AppLocker to configure application usage and restrictions.
- Using Security Settings to Mitigate Threats
- Configuring User Account Control
- Configuring Application Restrictions
Lab : Managing Device Security
Module 10: Managing Network Security
This module describes common network-related security threats, and describes options to mitigate them. It describes Windows Firewall, IPsec connection security rules, and Windows Defender, and how to configure these tools to manage network security.
- Overview of Network-Related Security Threats
- Windows Firewall
- Connection Security Rules
- Windows Defender
Lab : Managing Network Security
Module 11: Troubleshooting and Recovery
This module describes device drivers, and how to use the Device Manager to view, configure, update, and roll back device drivers. It explains file-recovery methods in Windows 10, such as Backup and Restore, File History, and Previous Versions. This module also explains features such as System Restore, Startup Recovery, and System Image Recovery, and describes how to use restore points to roll back device configuration.
- Managing Devices and Drivers
- Recovering Files
- Recovering Devices
Lab : Troubleshooting and Recovery
Module 12: Maintaining Windows 10
This module describes device drivers, and how to use the Device Manager to view, configure, update, and roll back device drivers. It explains file recovery methods in Windows 10, such as Backup and Restore, File History, and Previous Versions. This module also explains features such as System Restore, Startup Recovery, and System Image Recovery, and describes how to use restore points to roll back device configuration.
- Updating Windows
- Monitoring Windows 10
- Optimizing Performance
Lab : Maintaining Windows 10
Course Outline 20697-2 Deploying and Managing Windows 10 Using Enterprise Services
Module 1: Managing Desktops and Devices in an Enterprise Environment
This module explains the most current trends and information related to desktop and device management in the enterprise. It also provides an overview on how to extend device management to the cloud.
- Managing Windows 10 in the Enterprise
- Managing a Mobile Workforce
- Supporting Devices in the Enterprise
- Extending IT Management and Services to the Cloud
Lab : Planning for Windows 10 and Device Management in the Enterprise
Module 2: Deploying Windows 10 Enterprise Desktops
This module explains the various deployment scenarios of Windows 10 and the considerations to keep in mind while performing these deployments. This module also explains how to deploy Windows 10 by using the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (WADK) and the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT). This also explains how to maintain Windows 10 by using DISM and Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer (ICD).
- Overview of Windows 10 Enterprise Deployment
- Customizing Enterprise Desktop Deployments
- Deploying Windows 10 by Using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT)
- Maintaining a Windows 10 Installation
- Volume License Activation for Windows 10
1. Lab : Building a Reference Image by Using Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) Tools
2. Lab : Using MDT to Deploy Windows 10 Desktops
3. Lab : Maintaining a Windows 10 Installation by Using Windows ICD
Module 3: Managing User Profiles and User State Virtualization
This module explains user states and user state virtualization and explains how to deploy and maintain user experience virtualization (UE-V). This module also explains how to use tools such as ScanState and LoadState to migrate user states (USMT).
- Managing User Profile and User State
- Implementing User State Virtualization by Using Group Policy
- Configuring User Experience Virtualization
- Managing User State Migration
Lab : Configuring User Profiles and User State Virtualization
Lab : Migrating User State by Using USMT
Module 4: Managing Desktop and Application Settings by Using Group Policy
This module explains how to manage Group Policy inheritance, administrative templates, and common enterprise desktop settings. This module also explains how to apply Group Policy Preferences using targeting and filtering
- Managing Group Policy Objects
- Configuring Enterprise Desktops by Using Group Policy
- Overview of Group Policy Preferences
Lab : Configuring Group Policy Objects and Settings
Lab : Using Group Policy Preferences to Manage Desktop Settings
Module 5: Managing Windows 10 Sign-In and Identity
This module explains the concept of identity and the methods to enhance identity security. This module also explains cloud identities and the use of Azure Active Directory Premium in enterprise organizations
- Overview of Enterprise Identity
- Planning for Cloud Identity Integration
Lab : Integrating a Microsoft Account with a Domain Account
Lab : Joining Windows 10 to Azure Active Directory
Module 6: Managing Data Access for Windows-based Devices
This module explains how to provide secure access to company data. Solutions discussed include Device Registration (previous known as Workplace Join) and Work Folders. This module also explains how to configure and share data stored in Microsoft OneDrive.
- Overview of Data Access Solutions
- Implementing Device Registration
- Implementing Work Folders
Lab : Configuring Data Access for Non-Domain Joined Devices
Lab : Managing Data Access by Using OneDrive
Module 7: Managing Remote Access Solutions
This module explains how to configure a virtual private network (VPN) and DirectAccess in Windows 10. This module also explains how to publish applications in Microsoft Azure RemoteApp..
- Overview of Remote Access Solutions
- Supporting DirectAccess with Windows 10
- Configuring VPN Access to Remote Networks
- Supporting RemoteApp
Lab : Implementing DirectAccess
Lab : Configuring Microsoft Azure RemoteApp
Module 8: Managing Windows 10 Devices by Using Enterprise Mobility Solutions
This module provides an overview of the Enterprise Mobility Suite and its components, Microsoft Azure Active Directory Premium, Azure Rights Management (Azure RMS), and Microsoft Intune.
- Overview of the Enterprise Mobility Suite
- Basic knowledge of Azure Active Directory Premium
- Overview of Azure RMS
- Outline of Intune
Lab : Implementing a Microsoft Intune Subscription
Module 9: Managing Desktop and Mobile Clients by Using Microsoft Intune
This module explains how to install the Microsoft Intune client software and configure and assign Intune policies. This module also explains how to create Mobile Device Management (MDM) policies and enroll mobile devices to Intune.
- Deploying the Intune Client Software
- Overview of Microsoft Intune Policies
- Mobile Device Management by Using Intune
Lab : Installing the Intune Client Software and Configuring a Policy
Lab : Managing Mobile Devices Using Microsoft Intune
Module 10: Managing Updates and Endpoint Protection by Using Microsoft Intune
This module explains how to configure updates and Endpoint Protection settings and reports using Microsoft Intune.
- Managing Updates by Using Intune
- Managing Endpoint Protection
Lab : Managing Updates and Endpoint Protection by Using Microsoft Intune
Module 11: Application and Resource Access by Using Microsoft Intune
This module explains how to use the Microsoft Intune Software Publisher to deploy applications to managed clients. This module also explains the use of certificate profiles, Wi-Fi profiles, and VPN profiles to control access to company resources.
- Application Management by Using Intune
- The Application Deployment Process
- Managing Access to Organizational Resources
Lab : Deploying Applications by Using Microsoft Intune
Lab : Managing Resource Access by Using Intune
Module 12: Configuring and Managing Client Hyper-V
This module explains how to create virtual switches, virtual hard disks, and virtual machines using Client Hyper-V.
- Installing and Configuring Client Hyper-V
- Configuring Virtual Switches
- Creating and Managing Virtual Hard Disks
- Creating and Managing Virtual Machines
Lab : Installing Client Hyper-V
Do not hesitate to Contact Us or Live Chat if you have questions or concerns about Windows 10 Installation and Deployment.
05/03/2021 (Live Virtual) $2,995, 06/07/2021 (Live Virtual) $2,995, 07/12/2021 (Live Virtual) $2,995, 08/09/2021 (Live Virtual) $2,995, 09/06/2021 (Live Virtual) $2,995, 10/04/2021 (Live Virtual) $2,995, 11/08/2021 (Live Virtual) $2,995, 12/13/2021 (Live Virtual) $2,995
Train Your Team
Save money and get your team trained. With a group of 5 or more people, you have special options. Click the button below to request a special quote for your team now!Request Group Quote
Register - Choose Date